On Monday I flew home from Maryland, but before my flight I was able to attend a luncheon of the J. Ruben Clark Law Society, D.C. chapter with my aunt. She is the chair so it was really cool to meet all the attorneys. The luncheon was in the Senate Caucus room of the Russell Building on Capitol Hill. This room was awesome and had a lot of history in it. There have been a number of important hearings in this room, hearings on topics such as; the sinking of the Titanic, the Watergate break-in, and the Supreme Court Nomination of Clarence Thomas. Senator Bennett came and spoke about his life before he became a senator. It was a very cool experience and I kinda really liked walking around D.C. and being on Capitol Hill.
I know its a bit cheesy and he is lost in the primary but he is still Senator Bob Bennett and is still kind of a political big-wig, at least for a couple months.
The office of Senator Jim DeMint, pretty legit.
The office of Senate Minority leader Senator Mitch McConnell.
Me at Union Station
No comments:
Post a Comment