Hello all,
Well I can't believe its already Monday again! This week went by so fast. We are now into our schedules and don't feel like zombies anymore. This week was a good week. The MTC is hard because it's such a time warp- the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. I'm glad I have a calendar or else I would have no ability to tell one day from the next. The language is coming along but it is not coming along as fast as I would like (learning more patience). I'm doing my best to be completely obedient and to do everything I am asked but I feel like there is more I should be doing for the language to come more. Last night- after we watched a recording of a fireside Pres. Utchdorf gave a couple years ago at the MTC- I felt better, I know that the Lord called me on a mission for a reason and that I'm learning spanish for a reason. I think I was trying to do it all myself before, now I just need to have faith that if I do pay attention in class, study the best I can, and be obedient that the Lord will bless me and the language will come. Granted I have learned more spanish since I came than I have learned in my entire life but I get frustrated because I can't express myself as well as I would like to when I speak Spanish. I pray for the gift of tongues every chance I get because there is no way I can learn this by myself. We had a district in our zone leave for El Salvador this morning and I can only hope and pray that I am half as good at speaking spanish as they are when I leave.
It was interesting this week because my companion and I taught a lesson to a companionship that is having problems and it was one of the worst lessons we taught. It took us about an hour to figure out why it went so bad because there wasn't one thing that stood out. We figured out that because the other companionship was having problems, their contention effected us and our abiblity to have the Spirit. That lesson was the only lesson we have taught with out the Spirit and that is why it went so bad. There was just no flow and we didn't feel good after, which is unsual. I know how important it is to have the Spirit and that I can't convey the true message of the gospel without the Spirit helping me and guiding me on what to say.
I'm working hard to enjoy the journey- it is sometimes difficult though but that is life right? It is cool to see all these young people that all love the Lord and the gospel. Oh, funny story- I found out this week that my companion is a Democrat and voted for Obama.... lets just say that we have learned that politics is something that we should not get to know about each other. Ha ha. I hope everything is going well for all of you! I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and you are all safe during the holidays. If Heber is anything like Provo then it has been snowing/raining for about the last 4 days. Just a reminder.... I love letters!! Ha ha it makes my day when at 9:30 I get back to my room and get to have my spirits bouyed up by all your love and support... but its only a suggestion... ha ha. (Those who wrote me this week you have a letter coming your way today!)
Merry Christmas!!! May our Heavenly Father bless you all!
Love,
Sister Kelsey Berg
P.S. Aunt Madilyn thank you so much for the card!
P.S.S. Grandma & Grandpa thanks for the present- I haven't opened it yet and a letter is coming your way.
P.S.S.S. If someone doesn't send me an update about the Jazz and let me know if BYU won their bowl game on Saturday I might have to break out of here to find out ;-)... ha ha jk... but seriously
No comments:
Post a Comment