Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Letters from Kelsey - 63

Hey everyone!!

Oh man what a week... part of it feels like it flew by and then the other part feels like it has been a month. So I'll start at the beginning. So like I said last week Hna. Ker wasn't feeling well and we were just kinda letting it take it's course. On Monday night we left a dinner appointment at 6:30 and she started coughing and wasn't feeling good at all, so we texted Sister Saylin to see what we should do and she was going to call us after FHE. Well Hna. Ker coughed almost non-stop for about an hour until Sister Saylin called at 7:45. She then had the area medical advisor call us to talk to Hna. Ker to see what we should do, she was having a little bit of a hard time breathing because of the coughing. The medical advisor told us that we should probably go to an urgent care- so we called Sister Saylin back and she gave us the address of one in Sugar Land. So we left Pearland at 8:30 and got there at 9:00 and didn't end up leaving until 10:45. It turns out she had/has bronchitis and an ear infection, so we where there for a bit getting things all figured out and having them call in her prescriptions and chatting with Sister Saylin who came a little after we got there. So we left Sugar Land at 10:45 and headed back. They called her prescriptions into a Walgreens but it wasn't the one I thought it was so then at 11:20 I had to call the Saylins back so we could figure it out. So I finally figure out which one it is, about 10 minutes away and we get there about 11:45. (I'm pretty sure the reason for calling in a prescription is so that when you show up 45 minutes later it's ready for you.. reminds me of "You know how to TAKE a reservation but you don't know how to HOLD the reservation" - ha ha) Anyway- we get there at its not ready so we wait in Walgreens until 12:45 am and then finally get back to the apartment at 1:00 am Tuesday morning. Such a great start to the week. Then Hna. Ker was pretty much ordered to sleep and rest so she did that until about Thursday. We would go out for an appointment here and there through the week but nothing big. So that it was our week until she was feeling better on Friday- and Friday we had a fantastic day and we ended up having one of the best weeks I have had in a long time lesson- wise.

In our planning this week I asked Hna. Ker what she thought the Lord wanted us to put have as our goal for 'other' lessons (investigators only) and she thought about it and said 6- at first I have to admit that I was very skeptic and was ready to make it a little lower because we already set a goal of 5 member-present lessons (lessons with investigators and members) and we hadn't had that many investigator lessons in long time; but I remembered a story President Saylin told us in our trainers meeting about how when he got to his mission he set a whole bunch of goals that were really outrageous and his trainer supported him and it was probably the best week of his mission; I agreed with her on 6 and committed myself to do everything to hit that goal. I was worried but the Lord provided, we didn't get 6 'other' lessons but we over shot our goal on member presents (7) and hit our goal to have 11 investigator lessons last week. It really all happened in the 3 days we had to work and it was a miracle, I'm thankful for President Saylin's about his trainer so that I could see the hand of the Lord and that we could have a great week that added some new investigators to our pool and helped some others progress a little more... which leads to the Investigator Weekly!

RJ: We are working with his mom right now with a couple doubts/misunderstandings she has that she has finally told us about and we are trying to help her see that the time when she was most happy in her life was when she was really involved in the Church. In her heart she knows its true but the adversary just gets into her thoughts and makes her doubt a lot of things. She was raised to fear God and we are trying to help her see that he is out loving Heavenly Father and that she is His daughter and that he doesn't really punish us. We will get there, but RJ's baptism is on hold until then.

Victor: He is all set to get baptized this weekend on Sunday after church and I'm really excited! We would appreciate your prayers so that we can have a little extra help making sure everything works out.

Sarina: We had a good little lesson with her this week on the way back from a fireside with a member, so hopefully she will start thinking about it more. We still haven't met her parents but hopefully this weekend.

Well thats about it for today- time is a little short. I hope that everything is going well for y'all. Spring is pretty much here and I hope stays for a long time, it makes me happy and I love the 75 degree weather with a slight breeze. I think we are actually going to go to the park for P-day and write letters outside, I'm stoked because I'm tired of being white! ha ha Well I love y'all and hope that y'all have a great week! Go Cougars!!

Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment