Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

It was such a fantastic Memorial Day! My family always spends the morning in Salt Lake with my mom's side of the family at the graves down there and then we have a little lunch. Then we drove back home and had a BBQ with the Berg side. To top the night off 'the family' (aka group of friends) had a fire at Whiskey Springs. It was a fantastic time with lots of hot-dogs, marshmallows, and laughs. It was a great summer night and I'm hoping the weather stays good!

Memorial Day is one of my favorite holidays because its such an important one. I hope that everyone remembered the real reason for the holiday and thanked at least one person who has served our country. I have a great uncle and two cousins that have served in the Army and recently in Afghanistan and I am eternally grateful to them and all those service men and women how have made the ultimate sacrifice and given their lives for this great country and the liberties and freedoms I enjoy every day. I hope we remember to continue to thank and support our troops and their families. I am proud to be an American! and Welcome Summer!!

Family BBQ. Sandy and I with the cousin Megan.

We hadn't had real s'mores for a long time.

Family picture


Some of the girls!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a BUSY memorial weekend too! Glad your starting to have some fun, summer is just around the corner:)Geoff has 3 weeks vacay coming up maybe we will come see you all

    ReplyDelete