Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Elk Hunting

This year my Dad drew out for the Wasatch- any bull elk tag. He was super excited and was all giddy like a little girl. We went with my Dad's hunting buddies and his brothers. He ended up shooting his bull at 10:00 on the first morning. We got up at 5:30 and the 6 of us split up to our various posts but we didn't see anything big. We had seen the bull that my Dad ended up shooting a couple times and we saw it in a canyon the night before the hunt opened and because the weather was so warm we decided that he probably hadn't moved so before we called it a morning Kam Kohler and I walked down the mountain through the pines to try and kick it out. Of course we were so awesome that we kicked it out right in front of my Dad and he nailed it. The elk ended up scoring 360 and my Dad is super happy with it and that is the most important thing. I had a blast and was glad I was able to spend this time with my Dad before I leave.




No comments:

Post a Comment