Howdy y'all,
Things are going good down here in Texas. Its actually thundering, lightening, and raining really, really, really hard right now, (no rainstorm like a Texas storm) but it has been pretty nice weather all week- I don't even need a jacket! What am I doing? I have more important things to talk about than the weather!!!! So here is a run down of our investigators right now:
Giovanni: I told y'all a little about him a couple weeks ago but this week he accepted a date!! His date is April 2nd. He is super intelligent and we have to study the scriptures that we give him as homework because he always has very smart and deep questions about them. He has had a hard time in the past when it comes to praying because he is worried about saying something to God that he will regret but this week he prayed for the first time with us, earlier this week, and then said the opening prayer in our lesson yesterday. He has come to church for 3 weeks and Hna. Tuckett and I have already seen a change in him. He is a lot softer now and seems a lot happier. Just to recap, he is in the States investigating his brothers death by a drunk driver in 2001, because the driver never served time. He has a lot of pain in his life and likes to be able to understand everything so that has made his relationship with Heavenly Father a little strained but he is improving and he is already feeling the changes in his life.
Gloria: She is a 24 year old mom of 2. (We thought she was like 30 until we actually asked her this week). She has very little, if any, religious background and that has made us take a step back and be super simple and starting some sort of base. She asked us this week how to know if the Bible is true and when we extended her a baptismal date she didn't know what baptism was. She is improving and has a desire to change her life, and she has come to church for 3 weeks and enjoys Relief Society.
Carina & Jose: They are a new family we met this week that I am super excited about. We met them while visiting a less active member (who has been less active for 9 years since moving here from Guatemala) that we found, Jamie, who lives with them. They see the differences in Jamie's life, especially in the few times recently since we have been coming over, and they want to change for their kids and gain a better relationship with God. They are so cute (call each other baby, something I haven't heard anyone else say yet) and actually married (a very rare thing in Hispanic culture at this point) and have 2 little kids, Emmanuel (3) and Alison (18 months). They like the gospel already because they have been so confused for so long that its nice to hear something that actually makes sense. They always tell us to not stop coming over and they are very eager and willing to learn more. Jose wants to quit drinking and be a better father. Both of them have had a hard and difficult past and want to move away from that. I'm super excited for them to keep progressing.
These are the investigators that I'm most excited for right now. I love all of our 11 investigators but these are the ones that are progressing the most. Its kinda weird at this point because transfers are next week and we have a feeling that Hermana Tuckett will be training again because there are 4 new spanish sisters coming in, which means that I will get moved. The way it works is that we find out on Monday morning if in fact she is training, and then if she is I find out where I'm going at Transfer meeting on Wednesday. So next Monday I will let you all know if I'm staying or going! Things are going well though, this transfer has kinda gone by fast. Our days are really long so I have to make sure and write in my journal every night or else I blend the days together and can't tell one days experiences from the next. I'm going to send pictures home next week so when my Mom gets those she can attach a few in an email and you all can see my awesome tan!! Ha ha, just kidding, but I do hope that you all are enjoying the snow. ;) Spanish is coming along slowly. I am understanding more words and trying to actively listen and write down the words that I can make out so I can learn them. My head hurts by the end of every day from concentrating so hard. Yeah, yeah I know that all of you just thought of some sarcastic comment you would tell me if I was there in person, ha ha. I hope all is going well with all of you and your families. The work of the Lord continues to progress in Houston and He is the one directing it. Thanks again for all your letters, love, and support.
Love always,
Sister Kelsey Berg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment