Howdy y'all
So just a little business to get out of the way before we get to the good stuff. This week the Mission Office is moving so that means we have a new address for letters. It is as follows:
Sister Kelsey Berg
Texas Houston South Mission
602 Eldridge Road
Sugar Land, TX 77478
Because of this move we didn't get our mail this week, I hope to get it on Wednesday at transfers, so if you wrote me I will write you back next week. It is a little confusing, the old address works until March 23rd and the new address doesn't work until March 25th so if you get mail back that says 'undeliverable' resend it to the new address after the 25th. Sorry about the hassle.
Now on to the good stuff!!
I'm getting transfered this week and my companion is training again. I figured that the Lord decided to transfer me because he knows I would go crazy if I was in Houston for the Final Four (which we all know BYU is going to be a part of) next week and couldn't go watch. (ha ha) I'm excited for the adventures and experiences that await me in my next area. I don't know where I'm going yet- I find that out at transfer meeting on Wednesday. Investigator updates:
Giovanni: You know an investigator is legit when he asks you how to apply in his life the things that he is learning. He came to church again this week and is really starting to get to know people and feel comfortable. His date is April 2nd and I can't think of a better thing than being able to come back to Houston 1 for his baptism on Conference Weekend! He is just so solid and is really starting to change and soften up.
Carina & Jose: So this week we went over to teach Jaime, the less active member that they live with. We thought we were going to just be teaching him but Carina and Jose joined us like it was nothing. ha ha Carina spend the whole time reading and marking the Book of Mormon and she told us how much she enjoys reading it. Their date is April 30th and I am so excited for them. They weren't able to come to church because Jose had to work but I can just see them being amazing members in no time! ha ha
Juan Jose (Pepe): He is a new this week that we met contacting. He is 21 and is here all by himself, family lives in Mexico. He is a plumber, has no phone, his car is broken, and he lives in this cute little one room house in the backyard of some of his friends. We taught him last night and I'm sad that I won't be able to continue with him but he is so humble and sincere. He actually read the pamphlet that we gave him (really rare) and could recall a lot of it pretty good. He said the prayer at the end of our lesson and it was a really good one! His date is April 30th. (I extended him that one so that it was still in the next transfer so that I could get permission to come back when he gets baptized! We can't come to baptisms out of our area if it has been more than one transfer, so I was kinda sneaky, ha ha but I have faith that he will be ready)
Well that is a quick update. Next week I will have new people to tell you about and tell you all about my new area!! The question that Giovanni asked us this week got me thinking- how often in the church do we teach things, such as to youth, and not teach them how to apply it? We teach them to prepare to go on a mission, or even small things like obeying the Word of Wisdom, but we don't teach them what that looks like or how to apply it in their lives. Like with modesty for example, what does keeping the WOW look like? What kind of friends do you have? What do you spend your free time doing? What kind of hobbies do you have? What simple things do you do every day to help you acheive your goal? Just simple questions which help us see the bigger picture and see the small steps on how we can reach our goals and apply what we learn and truely make it a part of us.
Well its going to be 80's all week down here in Texas. I hope that all of you are doing fantastic and that our Heavenly Father continues to bless you all. Please know of my love, admiration, and gratitude for all of you and your continued support and love. Cheer loud for my Cougars for me!!
Love always,
Sister Kelsey Berg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment