Howdy y'all,
Well this last week was SUPER long and I have no idea why! Its not like we had anything bad happen or any long days or anything like that- the days went by fast but the week was slow. Anyway... it was good though we met some new investigators that I am really excited about, which is the cause of the title for this week's email. Now Investigator Weekly time!
Paula: She has completely quit drinking coffee. Her daughter complained to her this week about there not being any coffee in the house and Paula kinda said tough luck because she wasn't going to buy anymore coffee! She also went to the Relief Society activity this week which she loved and we loved because she got to know more women in the ward. (In the wards here they have Relief Society activities every week because when the kids come to mutual and scouts the whole family brings them so they have Primary activities every week also!) Her date is the 28th of May and she is excited and so are we!
Genesis: She is 17 and we met her through her Mom- who we OYMed sitting on their porch. The mom- Gladis- gave us a return appointment because Genesis has a friend who is a member who has always been a good example to her and has stood up for her beliefs. Genesis came to church yesterday with that friend who used to live in Houston 2 ward but now lives on the East side of Houston. She was super excited when we gave her a Book of Mormon and I am super excited to keep teaching her and see where it goes. Gladis also seemed pretty interested but she didn't come to church yesterday but I'm looking forward to seeing where they progress. They have baptismal dates for June 4th so we will see!!
Genesis is the reason for the title of this weeks email, because her friend was a good example and stood up for her beliefs (like not going to the mall on Sunday when everyone else was going) Genesis was more eager to listen to us and find out more! Her friend has even talked to her a little about the Church so she is excited to learn more and to get involved with Young Women's. Sometimes we think that "being a good example" is not really an effective tool or a way that we can share the Gospel but it is. I read a great quote recently while reading an article in an old Ensign: "Preach the Gospel at all times and if necessary use words". I am thankful that this young woman of the Church was a good example to her friend and used her example to share the Gospel because now as a missionary I am seeing the blessings of this and having the opportunity to teach someone who is super excited to learn more. She has already started reading the Book of Mormon and believes she will receive an answer! Who knows how many other people have been effected by this young woman's example. Of course I say all this as I am seeing the results of this as a missionary but you never know what will come from being a good example.
I hope this email finds you all in good health and in good circumstances. I thank you all for your love, support, letters, and examples to me. I love you all and hope that the Lord continues to bless you and your families!
Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment