Hello everyone!
So it feels like just yesterday I was here sending y'all the email last week! Not very many things have happened between then and now- my darling little sister graduated from high school and I now have a little less toenail on my big toe on my right foot, ya win some ya lose some right and the podiatrist won this one? ha ha. This week really was just a normal week- I really have nothing too exciting to write about! We did get rained on yesterday and its looking like it will happen today too. Well here is the Investigator Weekly!
Yenny: Hija de Paula (daughter of Paula). She is awesome and we just started teaching her this week. One thing she is really impressed with is the friendliness of the Church. She told us that she has been attending a Catholic church for about 6 months and doesn't know anyone, whereas her mom has only been coming to church for about 2 months and knows almost everyone in the ward! She has a cute little 7 year old son who she wants to get get baptized in December when he turns 8 so hopefully she will be baptized before then! She came to church yesterday so we are full of faith and hope for her!
Armando: I can't remember if I've told y'all about him yet. He is about 45 and wants the best for his family. He has a bunch of wayward kids and wants them to be close to God. He used to go to church with his wife but that church had a lot of images (saints, what ever you call them in English) that they worship and he doesn't like that. They met with the Hermanas in 2008 but were dropped because they never came to church but he came this week! We had a good lesson this week with him- on his porch by the way- about how he can't change his family, he can only change himself. If he changes himself and becomes closer to Christ, as the head of the house, his family will see his example and it will trickle down (because the trickle down effect works ;) )
I think thats about it for this week... kinda boring I know. I have no idea where this week went and its hard to believe that next week is transfers! Tomorrow I hit my 6 month mark and sometimes I feel like it has flown by and it feels like just yesterday my family was eating at Olive Garden before I entered the MTC, and other times I feel like home is just a dream and that I have always been in Houston and that I will never leave! ha ha Everything in context though right? Time always goes by and things that you never think will come always do and we can either pass the time with a good attitude or a bad. I have to be honest that sometimes I don't pick the right choice and sometimes I get really tired of the same mundane things of our everyday life. Sometimes I get really tired of getting on that bike and not having anyone listen to us or having anyone be there for their appointments, but its never as bad as I make it out to be and no effort is ever wasted. I can go on being frustrated or I can try and learn something from it and try and find someone who really is interested. There is always a reason for everything when you are in the service of the Lord and I know and have hope and faith that if I am obedient and get back on that bike and talk to everyone that it always accomplishes some purpose that I might not know. It might be something that I need to learn or someone that I need to talk to- but everything will always work together for our good when we have hope and faith in our Savior. I hope that everything is going fantastic with y'all where ever this email finds you. May the Lord continue to bless you all!
Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment