My dear family and friends!
How is life on the mainland? I hope that it is just fantastic!! Things are still good here in Galveston and it is as hot as ever. Today when we were on our way to the library the car said it was 93 degrees- at 9:30 in the morning, I'm sure glad that we have interviews today! We have been told that after August things start to cool off so we only have about a month and a half left of the heat and as long as we still have that ocean breeze I'm fine. Well week 4 of the transfer is over and in 2 weeks it will be transfers all over again... I can't believe it- this transfer has just flown by! I'm hoping that things stay the same and that Hna. Wallet and I stay together. This is the first time on the mission that I have wanted things to stay the same at transfers. I love Galveston and I'm happy here- Hna. Wallet and I get a long pretty well and this area is just on the brink of exploding. We had some first time lessons this week with some people that I'm really excited about, which leads me into... The Investigator Weekly!!
Leonel: His baptism is set for 7:30 Saturday night!! He passed his interview this week and everything is going well. I just don't know what else to say... I mean its just been really cool to see him progress these last couple weeks and it was nothing that we did- it was because of the feeling he gets at church!
Emma: She is still coming along, slowly but surely. We are going to try and change some things up so she can make sure and come to church and hopefully her work schedule is changing soon so that she can come to all 3 hours. We watched some I'm a Mormon videos with her (if you haven't seen these yet, go to Mormon.org and check them out- they are super legit and I could watch them all day long) and she really liked them. She liked to see people that have had kind of the same background has her and the changes that have come in their lives. We will keep pushing forward.
David: AWE MAN!! He was so close to accepting a baptismal date this week! He was right there!! But then Satan grabbed him again and the fear crept back in. He is so worried about failing, making a mistake, and falling back into his old ways after baptism because he knows how big the promises are that he is making. We will keep working with him and praying for him- he came to church this week and is making more progress so we have hope!
Guadalupe: He is one of the news that we taught for the first time this week, he's about 45 from Mexico/ Corpus Cristi. He is pretty cool and is open to learning more. He is very sincere and I'm excited to teach him!
La Familia Barillas (The Barillas Family): They are the new family we found, we have only taught them once but we have an appointment with them this week. I have to say that it is pretty obvious that we were supposed to meet them and baptize them and I'll tell ya why! They have 2 kids- Alex age 14 and.... KELSEY age 8!! Yup spelled the same way and everything! It was all I could do to not tell her that we have the same name! They are a super cool family and were excited to read the Book of Mormon. I feel like if we can get them reading it together and coming to church they will see the blessings in their lives!
So yes... life is good on the island. The days and weeks are just going by and it just amazes me to see how fast they are flying by. I know that it's kinda hard to believe and I'm sorry to disappoint y'all this week but this is really all I have today! No big thoughts that have been weighing on my mind this week that I want to share with y'all, this week was just a good one and I feel like I was just here yesterday! I hope y'all have a good and safe week on the mainland. I do want to tell y'all how grateful I am for all of your love, support, prayers, and letters, and the examples y'all have been to me through out my life. Every single day I meet people who didn't or don't have those type of examples or influences and I see the negative effect that it has had on their lives and every night I thank my Heavenly Father for all the people in my life. So, once again, thank you!!
Love always,
Sister Kelsey Berg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment