Monday, July 25, 2011

Letters from Kelsey - 31

Hey everyone!!

Well another week has come and gone and this is the last full week of the transfer!! That is so weird- this transfer has just flown by. Transfers are next Wednesday and this is the first time so far that I hope my name or my companion's is not on that list. I would absolutely love another transfer like this one, but the truth is next transfer is going to be even better!! There is so much potential and so much on the horizon that we are just going to rock this area and August is going to be a huge month! This week was a little rough, Hermana Wallet was attacked by ants- as I said last week- and then got a weird rash thing on her foot and we were told to not leave the apartment and then we went to the doctor on Friday so we really only had 2 days of work this week, Saturday and Sunday. Our trip to the doctors was pretty awesome but I'll tell y'all about that a little later.

This weekend was amazing this and LEONEL GOT BAPTIZED!!! Oh man funny story though. So when we called him Saturday morning to make sure everything was still good and he asked us how long the baptism was going to be. We told him probably about an hour and then asked why. When he first answered we though he said that he was just going to Louisiana, and we were like... what? He told us again and he said he was MOVING to Louisiana right after his baptism! Well it will just be easier to say the conversation: Us: "What! So you won't be at church on Sunday?" (of course this was all in Spanish, but I will save y'all the hassle and translate it for you) Leonel: "No". Us: "No Leonel you have to come to church on Sunday because that is where you will receive the Holy Ghost, everything else doesn't matter if you don't get the Holy Ghost on Sunday!" Leonel: "Oh... (medium length pause) I guess I can move after church on Sunday." Us: (breathing a huge sigh of relief). So yes, we had a baptism but we don't have a recent convert though- Kenner, Louisiana has a recent convert. He did call us yesterday though making sure that we were going to send him the church address by him. He is legit and will be a huge blessing to his new ward.

Anyway... now on to the Investigator Weekly!!

Emma: She is slowly coming along, not making huge progress but she is willing. Our focus now is getting her to ask for a change in work schedule so she can come to church!

La Familia Barillas: They are super awesome and all excepted baptismal dates for August 6th!! They are starting to read the Book of Mormon as a family and we are super excited to get members involved and just see their progress take off!

David: We are trying to help him have faith in the Atonement so that he can have the faith to be baptized. We have a lesson with him tonight and we are just going to lay it down- after 7 months he is ready and he just needs to take that leap of faith and accept a date!

Thats it for this week... kinda short I know, but I'm a little short on time today and I want to tell y'all about our little trek out west! So the doctor we go to is out in Bay City which is about 2 hours west of us in the middle of Southern Texas. We followed my TomTom and it took us through all these little towns and I saw the first horses, cows, and wheel lines that I have seen in 8 months. I loved it. Our GPS took us on little dirt roads that I wouldn't have known existed if it wasnt' for the GPS, but we got there and back and it was a great adventure through the heart of Texas!!

Well I hope everything is going well with y'all!! I hope the Lord will continue to bless you!! Love and miss y'all!!

Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment