Hey everyone!!
So the thing here on the island is that there is an exclusive club called BOI, born on the island, and this week we were talking to these guys and one of them at a BOI tattoo and I asked him if he was BOI (being funny like y'all know I am) and he said ya and the other guy said, 'I'm SOI, stuck on the island!' It was really funny... so I hope y'all are laughing. ha ha Anyway- this was a decent week. We had exchanges this weekend. So on the island there are 4 sets of missionaries- English Elders and Spanish Sisters for the West side, and English Sisters and Spanish Elders for the east side- and we did exchanges with the English sisters. I stayed in our area and one of the sisters came over here, and Hna. Wallet went to English land. It was a fun little switch up. We had a good little switch and I learned some things that I could do different. So here we go into... the moment you all have been waiting for.... Investigator Weekly!!!
Nidia (yeah we found out on Sunday that her name starts with a N not a M... not good I know) and Eric: They had their interviews last night and are getting baptized on Saturday!!! Yeah!!! Nidia was sick last week and was still off of work so she was able to come to church. She works in a hotel cleaning rooms and nobody gets Sundays off. We have talked to her about it before but we were sitting in the chapel waiting for sacrament meeting to start and President Maddocks was going to announce the baptism but we needed to know if she was going to be able to come to church on Sunday to get confirmed and she knew right then that she needed to quit her job so she is going to work until Friday and then quit her job so she can get baptized. We promised her that she would find a new job to be able to provide for her family (her husband and 16 year old daughter are still in Mexico and he doesn't get paid very much) - and I know the Lord will bless her. They are just so awesome and I'm super excited for them.
Guadalupe: He is still solid and learning and progressing- he has a lot of questions so we haven't been progressing as fast as we had planned but its all good. He has a date for September 3rd and I'm excited to see him to keep going. He often has friends that invite him to their church and he went to one last week and he told us that he didn't like it because he didn't feel right- since the beginning he has loved the way he has felt in the church. I'm excited to keep working with him.
Well as has been the case for the last couple weeks this is it for this addition. We are working hard to find new investigators and it hasn't really been working out yet but I know that one day will will break through and we will find the people that have been prepared. This is going to be a fantastic weekend though!! We received word last weekend that Elder Holland is coming on Friday to speak to our mission!!! (oh yeah and the Houston and Houston East missions but he is speaking in a building in our mission boundaries) Then on Saturday we have Nidia and Eric's baptism and after that the branch is having a dinner and a Talent Show! It is going to be a great weekend.
I wish I had more to say but I don't know what else to say- the days keep going by and August is almost over which means that the heat is slowly leaving also (I hope) Riding around everyday is like riding under a microscope with all the humidity, but we have a breeze and it keeps things bearable. The Lord continues to bless us and we will keep on working and trying to be diligent because that is all we can do. I hope that everything is going well with y'all as school begins again. Summer has flown by and next thing we know it will be Christmas! Scary. I pray that the good Lord will continue to bless you and your families. Thank y'all so much for your love, support, prayers, and letters.
Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment