Hello everyone,
Welcome to the longest...week...EVER!! I don't even know why... but I feel like it has been months since last week. My new companion's name is Hna. Mathews and she is from Brigham City, and she is about to hit her half way mark. She is a really good missionary and will make me stretch and grow... which y'all know I love... (sarcasm intended)... but it will all be fine and we are looking to a lot of success this transfer. Its a balmy 41 degrees in Pearland, TX today but the one thing that isn't cold is our Investigator Weekly! Its on FIRE! :)
De Hoyos: I love them so much. We taught them the Plan of Salvation this week and they did great. They were so excited to show us that they all knew the steps of the Doctrine of Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost, endure to the end) and Gabriel Jr. (15) even told us the 5 steps of repentance! AND he asked a little about the priesthood and then put back up his 'too cool' act to say that he didn't want it- but we all saw through that. He also filled out a form to go on the Youth Conference Trek next summer with the stake! He made his mom sign it before they left. They came to church and they were so quiet during the Sacrament, the quietest they have been. I love to see their progress and I just can't wait for Damien and Justin to be baptized so we can work with them to achieve their goal of going to the temple.
Hno. Chavez: So last week at transfers we were talking to Sister Saylin and telling her about his baptism scheduled for Christmas Eve and she told us that we were going to have a mission conference then so we should work on changing it. It so happens that when we stopped by on Sunday they told us they were thinking of going to Mexico to see his kids for Christmas and we said perfect! We changed his date to the 17th with the De Hoyos! He is so solid and this week he told us about some of the things he has done in the past and he can't wait to feel free from all of that, and that is why he wants to be baptized. Oh man... I am just so excited for him!!
Gavino and Ana: We talked to him today and he said he has quit smoking and last we talked to her she wasn't drinking coffee! They have been out of town but he said they have been reading and praying and I have faith they will also reach their date of the 17th! We just need to get them married... pronto ojala (soon hopefully)
Things are going really good here. I hope the next week goes faster but things are good and progressing. Its kinda weird being in an area this long... its the longest I have ever stayed in the same place for the last year of my life and its an odd feeling, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else for the Christmas season. I hope that everything is going well with y'all and your families. In every lesson we have with members we are giving them the challenge and homework of writing their testimony in a Book of Mormon and praying for someone to give it to before December 31. I would like to extend the same commitment to y'all also. This time of year we celebrate the beginning of the greatest gift ever given. By the birth of Christ it set in motion the greatest events and greatest gifts ever. He paid for our sins so that we can receive repentance and receive the gift of eternal life. I hope that y'all will pray and ponder about someone to whom you can give the gift of the restored gospel. All of the blessings that I have are because of my membership in the church and I want everyone else to enjoy the same blessings. I hope y'all have a good week! Merry Christmas! GO COUGARS!
Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment