Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Letters from Kelsey - 49

Hey y'all!

Well we survived Thanksgiving... barely, thats what happens when you have 2 Thanksgiving dinners. We had a really good Thanksgiving and it was nice to have it on a P-day so we could relax a little bit. I have never eaten so much in my life though... so we got up and did our little shopping (neither of us needed a lot last week) and then we headed to the Ortizs at 11 and helped them cook until the Lunas came over and we ate at 1 and hung out there until P-day ended at 4:30. Then we went and ate with the Leijas at 5 and after I just hurt because of all the food. It was super good and both families are very English so it was normal turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and all that jazz. After the Leijas we went to the Lunas because they invited us over (we weren't allowed to just stop by at people's houses so we were glad they invited us or else we would've just rode our bikes around in the cold and the dark talking to people walking their dog) we didn't eat anything at the Lunas though- we apologized but told them we didn't have anymore room. It was fun to hang out with a family and have it actually feel like a holiday- we just lacked the football... ha ha. I was so full that I didn't even eat breakfast the next morning because I was still full- but it was great and I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

I hope y'all had a good holiday also now to the Investigator Weekly!

De Hoyos: They are so great and Justin(8) and Damien(10) have baptismal dates for the 17th and their dad already announced it in Priesthood on Sunday so they are super excited for that and we had a fantastic lesson with them on Saturday. So their oldest is Gabriel Jr (15) and he acts like a normal 15 year old (too cool for anything) but he is a great kid. He said the opening prayer for the lesson and on Sunday he came to church with a white shirt and tie! On Saturday we taught them about the Doctrine of Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end) and they all had their Book of Mormons and they took turns reading and are just such a cute family. They still have a long way to go but this Saturday we are going to help them sent a date to go to the temple so they can all work together as a family. They are my favorite family ever.

Hno. Chavez: He is still great and on track to be baptized on the 24th. We taught them the Plan of Salvation on Sunday and next Sunday they are going to teach us how to make this really good drink- its milk, sugar, cinnamon, and they put in either oats or rice, its hot and super good. They are going to teach us how to make it and you know Hispanics like you when they want to either: 1) feed you or 2) teach you how to cook something, so we are in good with them ha ha. He told us last week that we better come back when they go through the temple in a year or else they won't go through... ha ha I'm totally coming back.

Gavino and Ana: We taught them the Law of Chastity and they working out how they are going to follow that because they aren't married, but they will make the right choice and will be baptized soon. They are great.

Anyway- time is short. Hna. Moser got the transfer call this morning so our hope of staying together is dead. I'm super bummed because we were hoping for another and I don't like change and I don't want to have to get used to another companion and all that but its whatever the Lord wants and we just accept it with faith. I hope everything is still going well with y'all! I hope y'all have a great week! Love y'all! Go Cougars!!

Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment