Hey everyone!
So... ya know how a couple weeks ago I said it was the longest week ever... well I lied. That week was just destroyed by this last week!! ha ha I believe it was the longest week in the history of the world! I officially don't like holidays as a missionary :). My holidays were good but was really hard to do missionary work this last week with everyone on vacation. It was really hard to set appointments because family would suddenly show up or they would go somewhere so our appointments would fall through and no one wanted to come to church the last two Sundays, but that is all over now and people are getting back into their routines so it should be good and I'm looking forward to some success. I hope that y'all had a fun and safe New Year's weekend! We had a very non-exciting weekend and were in bed, like normal, at 10:30 and woke up, like normal, at 6:30! ha ha People really like fireworks out here for New Years though so there were fireworks going off all night. I guess they can do that when they don't have snow and when its still 55 degrees outside... ha ha.
We were super blessed this last week and now we are teaching this awesome little kid named RJ... which leads me into the... Investigator Weekly: 2012 edition!
RJ: He is the son of a less active member in the Silverlake Ward (English). Her name is Christi and her husband isn't a member and doesn't really like missionaries and doesn't want them there when he is home and they don't feel comfortable with her being alone with the Elders and the male member that they would have to bring so we got permission to teach them! We first stopped by Christi at the beginning of the month because a member in our ward told us about her so we stopped by to get to know her before we handed her over. Well when we found out that we would get to teach them we stopped by last Thursday and extended the date of January 7th to RJ because his birthday is the 8th! He accepted but we went by yesterday and we changed it to the 14th because they want to do a big BBQ after and invited family and friends (that aren't members) and so they wanted some time to prepare. We were all for it and it was great to see how excited Christi is for RJ. She is trying to regain her testimony after being out of the church for a couple years so it is great to see them progressing together and starting to read and pray as a family.
He is our only investigator that is really progressing but we hope that the end of the holidays will help everyone else get their act together. Well next week is transfers so we will see what happens... I really want to stay in Manvel but I just don't know... guess we will see! Well I love y'all and hope that 2012 is very good to all of you! Love y'all! Go Cougars!
Love always,
Sister Kelsey Berg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment