Monday, January 9, 2012

Letters from Kelsey - 55

Hey everyone!

Our week was okay- nothing too exciting to report I feel like. I get to stay in Manvel for another transfer which I am excited about! We are staying together which is good because I get to stay in Manvel but we have some personality differences which are a little difficult but it's all good... I can survive another 6 weeks. Okay so its really not as bad as that last phrase made it sound but I'm learning patience... which is good, and hey! I'm sure I'm not that easy to live with either so Kudos to her that she hasn't killed me yet! ha ha There is obviously still more I need to learn and we should have a successful transfer so I am excited. So here is our Investigator Weekly!

De Hoyos: So Gabriel Jr. and David got the priesthood yesterday!! YEAH!!! Oh and also a funny story... so when the families records came we found out that Bryan (12) didn't have a baptismal date on his records... so guess who is getting baptized next Sunday after church! ha ha. They are so solid though and I just love seeing the change and progress in them. They haven't missed church once since we met them- including Christmas and New Years, which is more than I can say for most of our members! haha. Yesterday we didn't go to any of the classes because we were with Anahi (7) trying to get her to go to Primary. She went their first week and loved it, I don't know what changed but she hasn't wanted to go the last couple times. She cried pretty hard because she didn't want to go so we took some time and just sat on some chairs in the hall and talked to her about why we go to Primary and just kinda let her figure it out for herself. It was amazing to see the Spirit work within this little 7 year old to change her mind and make her want to go. We sat with her for most of it and then sneaked out of class and she ended up loving it - of course- so we hope that next week we won't have a problem.

RJ: So he had a birthday party on Saturday and we went by to help them set up before and it was really good. His dad was there and it was really good to get some face time with him so that he could feel more comfortable with us- he even invited us for dinner (which was BBQ) so of course we accepted. They didn't come to church yesterday though which kinda put a wrench in things because he needs to come once more before he gets baptized- so right now we are planning on the 21st. His mom has some concerns right now about it that we will work out tomorrow but I know that the Spirit will work miracles. He is such a great kid and his mom really does know about the gospel and she knows its true, we just need to help her realize that she has a testimony.

Well... thats about it. I wish people would come to church so they could be progressing. One of the hardest things as a missionary for me is the emotional involvement... I just get so emotionally involved with these people and they tell me they will come to church and they are excited to come and I just get so excited... and they no one shows up and you just get disappointed. It is very tiring to care so much about other peoples salvation... especially when it seems that they don't care. I can do manual labor all day and not really get tired... but when it comes to emotional attachments and emotional disappointments I just get wiped out every day. Such is the life of a missionary. Well we just got a flash flood warning from our Zone Leaders, no tornadoes yet though should be a good day! ha ha I hope y'all have a great day! Love and miss y'all! Go Cougars!

Love always,
Sister Kelsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment