Monday, February 27, 2012

Letters from Kelsey - 59

Hey everyone,

Well another week has come and gone and this week I have learned that I really don't like agency and I just wish that there was a button that I could push that could turn off people's agency so they could do what I wanted them to do so they could see the blessings that would come from it! And yet I'm sure that is what plenty of people have wanted to do with me over the years when I thought I knew better and now I know that I really don't. Unfortunately there is no way to turn off people's agency and it has been a struggle for me to not get super frustrated with them (losing about 5 years off my life I'm sure) and to want to give up and just go back to a time when my salvation was all I had to worry about and not the salvation of other people. I know that we did everything possible this week to help people progress and come to church, and yet they didn't... and I'm beginning to become okay with that. I'm sad that they don't use their agency in the way that I know would bring them happiness, yet I am confident that they were given sufficient information to be able to decide correctly if they chose. Anyway- that is enough of my little rant today! Now to the Investigator Weekly!

Andrea: She is first because this is probably the last time she will be featured. She told us all this week that she would come to church and she was even praying that it would be possible. We brought members over and even told her of the importance of church. Her husband didn't come home from work this weekend which made it a whole lot easier for her to come because she didn't have him wanting to go do things. We watched the Restoration DVD with her and she said that she knew after watching it that she needed to be baptized and we told her what she needed to do for that to happen... and yet! She didn't come to church because her baby had a runny nose... that he didn't have on Saturday when we were over there. We have done all we can with her, we have taught her all that we can and she has progressed all that she can with out going to church- it is all her decision and she hasn't taken that step...

RJ: We had a really good lesson with them this week and even had dinner with the whole family and the dad joined in for the closing prayer which was huge. They didn't come to church either because they over slept and it was their anniversary- and maybe the Super Bowl had something to do with it. We are trying to help them understand that everything they want in life can be accomplished only by them coming to church. It might be bad to say but I kinda hope they have a rough week so they can really feel the difference of a week when they go to church and a week when they don't. They are still progressing though- they will get there soon.

Victor: His dad came and got him this weekend even though we were praying he wouldn't, but we are hoping to have him baptized next Sunday! Pray that we can get a couple chances to see him this week!

That is about all I have time for, I need to do a better job managing my time, but we have some potentials that I'm super excited to tell y'all about next week! I hope to be able to feel the Investigator Weekly with people that will use their agency to follow the commandments of Christ so that they can receive the blessings and stop stressing me out! ha ha Well I hope that y'all have a fantastic week and that y'all keep out of trouble! Love and miss y'all!! Go Cougars!

Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment