Oh hey there everyone!
Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow!! It really means nothing to me as a missionary but its all good because it never was really a big day before the mission either! Bahaha. I do want to tell y'all that I love you and appreciate your friendship, example, love, and support! Thanks for everything! So this email is going to be a little bit happier then my last ones, I realize that I have been a little pessimistic lately and that I really need to change my attitude! So consider it changed! ha ha. So! Now to the investigator weekly and then we will have a little chat!
RJ: He set a baptismal date for March 3! So yesterday Christi called us and said that her youngest boys - Luke and Daniel- didn't want to go to church so we called them and bribed them with gum balls. It worked with Daniel but not Luke, so we had a member go and pick up RJ and Daniel for church. They loved Primary and we had a lesson with them after church and RJ was super happy- church fixes everything. Christi was disappointed that she couldn't go but we chatted with Luke so hopefully next week will go better. They are starting to read more and I'm excite for them- its different now because RJ is excited so he is willing to do everything.
Serena: She is 11 and goes to the English ward as well. Her family aren't comfortable with the Elders teaching her so we got permission! She has a super cool story- she learned about the Church in her History class and that's where the interest started. She had a couple friends who where LDS and so she started going to church with them. She has been coming for over 6 months and the Elders never realized that she wasn't a member so its taken a little while to start teaching her but she is awesome. She already has a set ride every week and her parents are in full support and pretty much already consider her a member. Hopefully she can get baptized soon!
Victor: We didn't get a chance to see him this week because his mom's phone isn't working so its hard to get a hold of her but things are still going forward and we hope that he can get baptized pretty soon.
We had a couple other miracles happen this week with new people and I'm hoping that the start progressing so that I can tell y'all about them! It was a rough week, nothing worked out the way we wanted but its all good- all part of the job. Oh! cool news! On Saturday Elder D. Todd Christofferson is coming to speak to the Houston missions! Cool huh! I'm super stoked. Another thing- this week we had an interesting conversation with a lady who's neighbor is a member and we answered some questions for her. It was the nicest bible bash I have had- but that's really all it was because she just wanted to know our beliefs on things and our reason for believing them. We talked about everything from the Fall to eternal marriage, to our belief that we can become like God to prophets. It made me really grateful for the clarity and simplicity of the gospel. Just because these are things from God doesn't mean that they have to be complex or that we can't understand them. It was a little bit of a difficult conversation for me because everything was so logical yet she didn't understand. It was just very interesting and I have thought a lot about it. I know that our Heavenly Father is a God of order and that his plan is a plan of love, and that he wants it to be simple so that we can understand it and so that we can know what we need to do to become like him. I'm thankful for my testimony and knowledge.
Well I hope y'all have a good week and are super nice to your loved ones! We are about to head out into the rain but it will be a good day! Love y'all! Go Cougars!
Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment