Monday, January 3, 2011

Letters from Kelsey - 4

Querido familia y amigos!!
Dear family and friends!

Feliz Año Nuevo!! Happy New Year!! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and are now all enjoying your first day back at school and work. We celebrated the New Year at 10:00 (so we could be in bed by 10:30 of course) and we even had our own ball drop on our floor. Everyone shared a little bubbly- aka sparkling cider, of course- and we all had a blast. My companion and I started off the new year with an English fast (not speaking English all day) and it was no fun. We only did it until 3 because we had to teach a lesson in English and we forgot to keep speaking spanish after... It was a frustrating day but hopefully I will look back on it and see my progress. I know a lot of spanish when it comes to the gospel- but not everyday life. But it will come, slowly but surely- hopefully faster these next couple weeks.

I am 2 days away from the half way mark and I am super excited. The days go by so fast so on one hand I can't believe its been 4 weeks and on the other hand it feels like I have been here forever. Esta bien though (its all good). I know the Lord sent me spanish speaking so I would have to do something hard and have to humble myself and put my trust in Him because English speaking would've been too easy. Things are coming along and hopefully what I fasted for yesterday will come to pass and I will be able to retain spanish better.

Yesterday I was called/assigned to be the coordinating sister for my zone. The coordinating sister is the sister's represetative in the Branch Council meetings and everything. I have to welcome any new sisters to our zone each week and I have to attend a whole bunch of meetings. It will take away from my study time but the MTC Presidency wife that conducted our new coordinating sisters meeting told us that we will be blessed for accepting the assignment and I hope that means I will be helped with the language. I know I will speak spanish eventually but that doesn't make the present any less frustrating- I just haven't let that frustration effect my attitude.

"Attitude is not the result of success, success is the result of attitude."
"If you pray why worry, if you worry why pray."

Just a couple great one liners from devotionals this week. Its been a good week and I know that the days will continue to fly by and I will be fluent and in Texas before I know it.
I hope you all have a fantastic and safe year. May our loving Heavenly Father bless you and your families.

Love and miss you all!!
Sister Kelsey Berg

P.S. Here is my address again just in case some of you (aka LYNSEE, DANO, & KENNA) have lost my address because that is the only excuse I will accept for not getting a letter from you yet.

Sister Kelsey Berg
MTC Box #230
TX-HOUS 0208
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, UT 84604

No comments:

Post a Comment