Monday, January 24, 2011

Letters from Kelsey - 7

Howdy y'all!!

That is just me getting ready to head to Houston in 2 weeks! I get my travel plans on Friday and will send you all my new address in my email next week. Things are still going to here though- I'm just getting so stoked to get out and be able to teach what I have been learning the last 7 weeks. I don't have anything super exciting to talk about this week unlike Elder Holland's talk that I had last week. I do have a couple funny stories for this week though.

So last week I told you all that I had become friends with the executive secretary and he was the one that got us the great seats for Elder Holland- well on Sunday night at the fireside we (my companion and I) were joking with him and said it would be awesome if he printed us Reserved signs and saved us seats for Tuesday night, and he totally did! We came in on Tuesday night and on the 3rd row of the floor there were signs that said RESERVED Pack-Berg 7 (7 for our other district members). It was so awesome and I don't know it if has ever happened in the history of the MTC before! Ha ha, lets just say that we were superstars in our District that night. Then last night at the fireside the speaker - Brother Stephen B. Allen, the Managing Director of the Missionary Department- choose me to read Alma 26:27-30 at the microphone in the audience. He said he needed help and then said "The sister on the 2nd row, the one who is looking directly at me." I knew he was talking about me the minute he said the 2nd row (we were at our usual spot on the bleachers) I had to read the scriptures and was on the screens in front of all the 2000 missionaries of the MTC. I was up there for about 20 minutes- it was kinda weird because now all these random missionaries know who I am... ha ha. I went up after to talk to him and ask him why he chose me and he said the spirit just told him to pick me. I hope that one day I learn the reason why I was picked to read those scriptures about the struggles that missionaries go though. I do know that no matter what happens in Texas it will all be worth it if I help only one soul come unto Christ and help them change their life. I'm so excited to get there and stand up for the things that I know are true and see the change that comes into to the hearts of those I teach as the Light of Christ enters their families and their lives. I love you all and and thanks again (I know I do it every week) for the letters, they are great confidence boosters.

Love always,
Sister Kelsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment