Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Letters from Kelsey - 19

I never said it would be easy,
I only said it would be worth it.

Howdy y'all,

So that is the new phrase that I tell myself everyday and I read a great quote from Elder Holland about how missionary work is not easy because salvation isn't easy. Its not a cheap thing and salvation wasn't easy for our Savior so how can we expect it to be easy for us? Its a pretty good quote- sorry I don't have the reference or anything- but it really kinda hit me.

This week was a pretty good week, we were able to go to the Houston Temple this week for Zone Conference which was pretty cool- it is a gorgeous temple. I had a little bit of a culture shock- I hadn't seen normal white people for like a month. My area right now is by Houston Baptist University and the close roads are Fondren and Bissonett (just in case y'all wanted to Google Earth it) in Houston, Texas. Now on to investigators:

Norma: She is totally awesome and her baptism is set for 10:00 Saturday morning! She is super excited and we are super excited for her. She wanted the old Obispo (Bishop) to baptize her but he couldn't do it this weekend so she decided to have one of the missionaries do it because she didn't want to wait! ha ha.

Francis: She has her baptism set for this weekend too but Hna. Stevens and I aren't exactly sure if she is getting baptized because she knows its true or because she wants to make us happy. She likes going to church and she has real desires but I just don't know if she is ready yet. We haven't had a whole lot of ward involvement with her which is a little hard but we have a Noche de Hogar (Family Home Evening) with them tonight with a family from the ward so hopefully that will start some friendships there. We will know how much she really wants to be baptized by tomorrow at her baptismal interview. She has to go all week, starting on Saturday, without coffee and she likes coffee so we will see how serious she is if she has gone these last few days without it. I hope to report on her baptism next week!

Paula: She is a new investigator that we have taught a couple times and she came to church yesterday! I think that she really enjoyed it and said she thinks she should read the Book of Mormon now. ha ha She isn't sure if she wants to get baptized again- but she loves to talk about baptism. I think its because she knows she needs to but she is living with a man and isn't really interested in getting married any time soon so we will see what happens with that.

That's about it for right now, our teaching pool is a little low but we do have some solid investigators. I'm excited for the baptisms this weekend and its times like these that really make it worth it and make up for all the difficult and hard times. The next 2 weeks until transfers should go by pretty fast but I am kinda nervous knowing that I could end up being senior companion (or even training) next transfer because of the huge turn over of Spanish sisters. Its a really scary thought because I am no where near prepared but I know that the Lord prepares us for the things that we need to do and that I won't be alone, whatever happens. My companion is going home on the 3rd and its weird to see her not excited or any of that, its good because she isn't trunky (slacking off) but it is so hard for me to understand why she isn't excited but maybe I'll feel the same way at the end of 13 months... who knows. Well I hope you all have a fantastic Easter with your families remembering the amazing promises that the Resurrection of our Savior brings us. It is incredible to see the changes that come into people's lives when they realized and learn about the true nature of this amazing event and the promises that it brings to ourselves and our families. I love and miss you all and once again want to thank y'all for your prayers, love, letters, and support. May our Heavenly Father continue to bless all of you and your families!!

Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment