Howdy y'all,
I hope y'all had a fantastic Easter and day remembering the Resurrection of our Savior and spending time with your families! It was a weird day for me not being with family, and still having to work, and not really understanding what was said in Sacrament meeting, but it was all good! This week went by pretty fast and we had a BAPTISM!! Norma was baptized on Saturday and confirmed yesterday! She is super awesome and bore her testimony in Relief Society yesterday too! There is no doubt in my mind that she was ready to be baptized and that she knows the Church is true. The awesome thing is that she was a member referral and has been investigating the Church off and on for about a year now and the member has been there all the way supporting Norma and being an example to her. That is the way missionary work should go. Here is the Investigator Weekly! (yes I made a name for it, I have to keep things fresh, new, and bold so I make sure I keep you all captivated for the next about 60 weeks!! ha ha) Anyway- Investigator Weekly:
Francis: She called us on Wednesday and told us she doesn't want to get baptized anymore. We went over and visited her on Thursday and we think its for two reasons that funnel into one reason 1) She called her mom and told her about getting baptized and her mom told her that she was already baptized and Francis didn't say anything against that. 2) She has a really hard time giving up coffee, she only made it one day last week and told us that the Bible says we shouldn't eat meat. So if we don't eat meat she won't drink coffee. Both of those reasons equal a lack of testimony about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, we will see what happens but she isn't really a fan of us coming over anymore- we might be giving her a break.
Paula: She is super awesome and has a testimony of Joseph Smith from a really weird round about way that I will tell you all about next week because I don't have time to tell you this week. She has a date for May 14th and we are super excited.
Raul: We are still teaching him even though he is out of our ward boundries because his wife won't let the other missionaries come over and she has kinda turned against us but he knows its true and just needs to decide if he is willing to make the sacrifice that baptism will take.
It was a good week that flew by. We had interviews this week and and I found out that it is a very real possibility that I am going to be senior companion next transfer and I am absolutely terrified. I know that faith and fear can not co-exist so I am working on replacing my fear with faith. I know that the Lord qualifies those He calls so I am trying to be obedient to be open to those blessings. My spanish is slowly coming along but its still not to where I feel comfortable having to rely on it solely but we will see what happens! I love you all and thank you for your prayers, love, letters, and support!! May the Lord bless you all, where ever you are.
Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment