Hey everyone!
Ladies and gentlemen, it is official, I am in Texas. I know what y'all are thinking, "But Kelsey, you have been in Texas for 9 months. What do you mean you are officially in Texas?" I have been transferred to the COUNTRY!! Well as country as Sisters get in our mission right now. I am now serving in Pearland and Manvel, Texas. It is amazing and I love it. I smelt hay this week for the first time in 9 months and I thought I had died and gone back to heaven (aka Heber :) ). Pearland is more subdivisions and nice neighborhoods, whereas Manvel is horses, fields, longhorns, cows, goats, double wides, and gravel roads. This week we were biking along a gravel road and we saw about a 2 year old calf tied to a tree in front of a trailer... so what did we do? Stopped and took pictures! We took pictures with it and we pet it! It is just great. My companion is Hermana Jessica Moser and she has been out for 6 months almost and we get along great. This area is great and so is the branch- the branch here is a little bit bigger than the one in Galveston and the people are great here as well. I'm super excited for this transfer. Now on to the Investigator Weekly- MANVEL EDITION!!
Anna: She is about 40 and is from Panama and has a date for September 24. We taught her the Word of Wisdom this week and she is not excited about giving up coffee. She works as Starbucks and loves her lattes. We then discovered that she hasn't prayed to know if the things we are teaching her is true and that she has a fear to pray about it- I'm guessing its because she thinks they are true and doesn't want to do what she needs to to follow it. We took her to an investigator fireside on Sunday which was perfect for her to hear and we are hoping she has a little change of heart when we teach her this afternoon. She is awesome and knows that what we are teaching is good- she just has to experiment on the words and have the courage to change. I have faith she will get there.
la Familia Rodriguez: They are a new family we met this week and yesterday we had a lesson with the mom and her 15 year old daughter. They soaked it in and said that if there was a prophet on the earth today it would be a huge blessing and they would follow him. We gave them Book of Mormons and we are excited to see where they go. We invited them to the ward party this weekend and I am praying they come so that they can get some interaction with the members.
I'm short on time so I will just talk about them today- but I have some other exciting news!! So I don't know how many of you have heard of Gladys Knight and the Saints Unified Voices choir. I hadn't so its okay if you haven't- but you can google it. Anyway- they are amazing and they are coming to Houston next weekend and are going to do 9 shows here in Houston. It has been a huge focus for our mission the last month or so to get members to invite there nonmember friends to go and to hear the music and to hear Gladys Knight and her husband bear their testimony. It is for the 3 missions (Houston, Houston South, and Houston East) and it is for investigators and we are promised that we will get tons of new people to teach from these firesides. Anyway- we found out today that the Mission saved 60 tickets for each show for missionaries to bring investigators and Hna. Moser and I jumped at the opportunity and we are going to take a member and her 15 year old non member daughter. The member is a recent convert as of April and the daughter was dressed in white but then backed out- she is one that we are focusing on this transfer and we are super excited for her go to and feel the Spirit. As soon as I heard we could bring people I thought of her and that this could be what finally gets her to commit. I'm stoked.
Well... I think thats about all I have to say for today- I can't believe that Conference is just around the corner again and that I am on the downhill. The work continues to go forward and I couldn't have picked anywhere better to start the last half of my mission that the area of Pearland and Manvel. Oh! and our apartment is awesome and our complex has a really nice gym- I lifted weights for the first time in 9 months and I was sore before I finished... ha ha but that's what I will need because we don't ride bikes as much here because it is all spread out. Well I hope that everything is going well with y'all and the the good Lord continues to bless you and your families. I know the church is true and that the Lord watches out for us all. Could y'all do me a favor and cheer louder for my Cougs? Thanks! ha ha As always I thank y'all for your love, support, prayers, and letters.
Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment