Hey everyone!
The Gladys Knight firesides were amazing- it was unlike anything I have ever seen before. It was fun and just a party in the chapel... ha ha. So here is a little bit about what the show is like. So when they start they sing a couple songs- and these aren't hymns. They sing more of the praise/ R&B gospel songs, they do sing a little hymns but not like we do in sacrament meeting ha ha. So they start out singing a couple songs and then there is guy that gives an introduction to the church and tries to dispel some rumors. Then they sing some more and then Sister Knight bears her testimony and tells of her journey of learning about the church and eventually getting baptized. She then sings a song and that is the end. It lasts about 2 hours and for some of the songs there were people that were standing up and clapping along. We clapped after each song and it was really weird at first but- we went Friday night, and in our show there was also Elder David Evans of the 70, Elder Stephen B Allen of the Utah Area 70 (also very high in the missionary department) and Elder Gifford Nielsen of our Area 70- we were seated in the first row behind the benches and I would look over at them and see them clapping so I figured it was okay. It was amazing though- it really was a party.
There were so many people and we collected almost 2000 referral cards from the 4 day/ 9 show event. We were super lucky to get to help 'usher' at the events. We talked to people all before the shows to try and get the non-members to fill out a card to receive a package. It was a really fun time and it was great to just be in the middle of it all. It was fun to talk to people and see why they came and to get to know their background. There were 10 companionships who were the missionaries helping out and we got hardly any sleep all weekend because we didn't leave the church until like 11:00 almost every night but it was great and we all kinda bonded, us and our fearless Mission President who was with us through it all. He gave us our pep-talks so that we were able to reach our goals and break records. It was something that will definitely be a highlight of the mission.
Well that was my weekend- now on to the Investigator Weekly!
Sandra: well sadly she kinda dropped us this weekend. She had her inactive member husband tell us that she didn't really want to listen any more- we will try again in a few weeks.
La Familia Rodriguez: we are also sad about them but for another reason- they moved to Alabama on last Friday. They were super awesome but I know that everything is in the hands of the Lord and maybe they were there for those 3 weeks just so that we could find them and introduce them to the Gospel and the Book of Mormon and now they will continue their journey in Alabama.
Sonia: So we didn't extend her a date to be baptized this last weekend- we just didn't feel good about it, but she did accept a date for October 15 and Mauricio received the Priesthood on Sunday so that will be another great think that he will be able to baptize her. I'm really excited to see her progress.
Ena: She went to the Relief Society Broadcast and she has hope, we just gotta do a little more tweaking, but I'm excited to see her progress.
Well that was our week- it was super busy and fun and crazy. I'm a little short on time but I hope y'all have a great Conference weekend!! Oh yeah! Guadalupe was baptized on Sunday!!! I couldn't find a member to take us down so I couldn't go but thats not the important thing- I was sad but super excited for him. Anyway- I hope the good Lord continues to bless y'all. Thanks so much for your love, prayers, and support.
Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment