Hey everyone!
Well this week was a really good week but it seems to be just a blur. I don't think that age has anything to do with memory because I'm only 22 and I can't remember what happened yesterday... like ever... and I can hardly even remembered what happened this morning! Okay well thats a little but of an exaggeration but thats only because we had training on what to do with the Gladys Knight referral cards that we are going to get this weekend. We are going to a show on Friday night and I am super stoked- it will be simply amazing and I'm excited for our investigators that are going. Well now on to the Investigator Weekly!!
Anna- well we figured out that it is spelled Ena, go figure, anyway: She came to church this week and to the activity (I'll talk about that in a minute) and she seemed to enjoy both. She had a date for this weekend but she isn't ready. She has finally prayed about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon but she says she hasn't got an answer yet- we are going to watch the Joseph Smith movie with her this weekend and invite her to the Relief Society broadcast so hopefully those will give her the answers she is looking for.
La Familia Rodriguez: They are pretty awesome. They read the chapter we gave them and then started at the beginning all by themselves! We are going to see them today and I'm excited to see them progress. Our next hurdle is getting them to come to church- they go to a local catholic church but hopefully we can get them to come to the Relief Society broadcast this weekend and to Conference next weekend. The daughter, Ana, is coming to Gladys Knight with us this weekend and I think she will really enjoy it.
Sonia: She is was taught at the beginning of the year but she was going through a divorce so they gave her a break but she has still came to church and we were able to teach her last week after months of not being able to go over. She told is that she was thinking about getting baptized in February and we were like... no... how about October? haha We went over with one of her really good friends who was baptized in August and he bore a really strong testimony of the blessings that come from being baptized. We have a lesson with her tomorrow and are actually going to go fasting and praying to see whether we should ask her to be baptized this weekend- we will see how it goes.
Sandra: She has been taught off and on for a while also and her husband is a very less active member. She doesn't like the women in her church and thinks that all the church wants is the tithing money. They came to the activity and seemed to really enjoy it so we are hoping to see her progress and start building relationships with the sisters in the branch.
Well thats it for this week. The branch activity was just amazing. It was a dinner and dance in celebration for Mexico's independence day. There were about 200 people that came- we started out with 9 tables with 8 chairs each and ended with about 15 tables of 8 chairs each and the people kept coming all night. There was so much food and it was just ridiculous. The members didn't leave until like 1 o'clock in the morning and the party started at 7. It was the biggest party I have ever seen... I am still in awe.
Anyway... enough about the party. Things are going good and we have some great investigators that I am really excited about. Its weird to think that we are already in week 3 of the transfer and that I have less time in front of me that behind me- its just crazy the way things work out. The Lord continues to bless us in the work. It's still hot and we actually got a little rain this weekend, but they are doing a huge fast this weekend (a lot of the churches in Houston, which works well for us :) ) for rain so hopefully we get more. Well I hope the Lord continues to bless y'all! Love y'all and miss y'all! Thanks for everything!
Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment