Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Letters from Kelsey - 41

Howdy y'all,

I hope y'all had a fantastic Conference weekend! I thought it was a great conference and I can't wait until the Ensign comes out and we get to read and study them more! I am so grateful to know that we have prophets and apostles on the earth today so that we know who we can trust in this crazy, crazy time. We watched Conference in the stake center on Saturday and then on Sunday we had Ena and her dad watch Conference with us with some members, morning in Spanish (which I understood better than April, I actually got the topic this time) and afternoon in English. It was fun!

So in regards to the email title.... so for our P-Day this week we went on a safari!! Yup, with a rhino, zebras, giraffes, water buffalo, wildebeest, lemurs, watusi cattle (which you should totally google- they are the craziest looking things ever!!), ostriches, an alligator, and a zonkey! There is this place in our district called Bayou Wildlife Park (bayouwildlifepark.com), and it pretty much has like 500 animals or something like that from 61 countries. It was crazy but a super fun day. So we got there and we got there and we walked around waiting for the next tram to leave. We fed some of the animals and took pictures- they had this little deer walking around that you could pet and feed. They had emus- they scare me- that you could feed and kangaroos and all sorts of other stuff. So we finally got on the tram- a jeep with a trailer thing- and then we got to go around the park and feel the animals from the jeep! It was pretty cool for being in Texas and all. Anyway- here is the Investigator Weekly!

Ena: She watched 3 sessions of Conference with us and we feel that she knows its true. We found out this week that her family in Panama- only she and her dad are here- aren't exactly our biggest fans so that is her hold up right now it whether or not her family will accept it. The good thing is that a lot of the members of our branch are the only members in their families also! So we are going to use their testimonies and hopefully get her some support! Her date is the 15th and I am full of faith that the Lord will help her feel ready.

Sonia: She has had a rough week and I just feel for her. She is a single mom who has a lazy ex-husband and she is trying to do the best for her 3 boys and keep them out of trouble. She is reading little by little and we are going to focus this week on the Atonement and how through the Atonement we can receive relief from our burdens and the she doesn't have to go this path alone- should be a really good lesson. She knows everything else- thats what happens when you go to church for like 6 months- and we just need to help her increase her faith in the Savior so that she can have the faith to enter into the waters of baptism.

Thats all for today- so this last week we had a couple hours during the day and its really hard to contact because nobody is outside so we decided to knock doors... the first time I have done that on the mission and lo-and-behold we had some success!! It was like the 5th door and this lady invited us in and it turns out that a friend gave her a Book of Mormon 6 years ago and she still had it- she had even gone to church in the past. She invited us in and we talked about our purpose in life a little and about the questions she had about the church and we set up another appointment! I will keep y'all updated on how it goes! Well I think thats about it for this week- oh I just wanted to say that I LOVE October!! It has been almost the perfect weather all week, ever since October 1st! We might have a fall in Texas after all!! I hope that everything continues to go well with y'all! I hope the good Lord continues to bless you and your families!

Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment