Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Letters from Kelsey - 42

Dearest Family and Friends,

Well I can't believe that it is already Tuesday again... I feel like I was just here. What has happened this week? Oh nothing really... we had a bunch of people drop us... oh well they weren't prepared anyway... Oh I just wanted to let y'all know that if you ever see two sister missionaries walking along the side of some back country road I would hope that y'all would pick them up- not that that happened to us, but we did bike like 10 miles out to almost the middle of no where (twice), and I was praying the whole time that we wouldn't get a flat tire or anything because it would be a really long walk back to the car. Anyway- the highlight of the week was a totally awesome lesson that we had with Ena, which leads me to the Investigator Weekly!

Ena: So it was Saturday night, we went in with the plan to teach the Doctrine of Christ and check up on her prayers and the Word of Wisdom and to see how she felt about the 15th of October. So we started talking about how she has done the last couple of days with the Word of Wisdom- not good but not bad. We told her that we wanted to take all the coffee and tea with us to remove the temptation- she fought us because she said that she was going to send it to her brother in Panama as a gift. Then we talked about what we gave her to read last time - Moroni 6- and if she felt ready to be baptized, she told us she still didn't feel ready. We opened with prayer- wait- first we talked about how she was having more faith and trust in coffee to not be tired than faith in the Lord. So I said the opening prayer and I prayed that Ena would know how much we cared about her and how much Heavenly Father cares about her. I prayed that she would feel of the truthfulness of the Gospel and that she could have the faith to follow the Word of Wisdom. I also prayed that she would know that the 15th is when the Lord wanted her to be baptized and that she could feel ready.

So after the prayed Ena got up and walked out of the room... Hna. Moser and I had no idea what was going on of what she was doing. She came back with a little suitcase and started putting all of the coffee and tea in the suitcase to send to her brother. We were so proud of her. So I'm not sure what exactly happened next because the lesson was so Spirit led- but we started talking about baptism and how she felt about this weekend. She said that she still didn't feel ready and we bore testimony that we knew the 15th is what God wants for her. We told her that we of course weren't going to force her but we asked what we could do to help her feel ready. She asked us a couple questions and we answered them- she brought up that her family is wondering why she is getting baptized again, we told her to bear her testimony that she has found the truth. We then started talking about what we need to do to be ready for baptism and all we have to do is have the desires and faith to follow Christ and keep the commandments. She then broke down and started crying and telling us that she is afraid to fall and she said that she doesn't have enough faith. Hna. Moser then pulled out Alma 26:11-12 and those verses helped her. We told her we don't have to be perfect and thats why we have repentance. We promised her blessings and testified of the truthfulness of the Gospel. We had her say the closing prayer and she asked to know if the 15th was the day for her. Her assignment was to think and pray about it and lets us know on Sunday what her decision was- she said she is still not ready. BUT! We still have faith that she will feel ready- we are going to go over the baptismal questions with her tomorrow. We could use your prayers for us and her that she will feel ready to enter into the covenant of baptism this weekend- her name is Ena (you say it like Anna). It was an amazing lesson, but its all in her hands how and she has her agency- I will let y'all know what happens next week!

Well I'm short on time- it took so long to write that all- but things are good, we are working hard this week to find the people that the Lord has prepared, we know they are out there. Transfers are next week and we are really hoping to stay together! Well I hope that everything is good with y'all back home. I love and miss y'all and I am grateful for you love, support, and prayers. I hope the Lord continues to bless you and your families. GO COUGARS!

Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment