Thursday, October 27, 2011

Letters from Kelsey - 43

Hey everyone!

The week leading up to transfers is always a long week- has been my whole mission and this week was no exception. We got the call this morning and Hna. Moser and I are staying together! I'm excited, we get along really good and I love this ward and this area. So as the title says we (the mission) are having a surprise meeting tomorrow before transfers and the whole mission is going - so the whole mission will be at transfers. Now as far as I know this is a first in the mission- and no one (including the Zone Leaders) know what the meeting is about, but we know that it must be something pretty big or important for President Saylin to pull the whole mission together. So of course there are all sorts of rumors going around but it has added some excitement to this week but also made the week longer with the anticipation! ha ha It is finally starting to cool down and today is a brisk 67 degrees! I have hope that we will have a fall after all! Now the moment you all have been waiting for... drum roll.... Investigator Weekly!

Ena: well she didn't get baptized but we did have a great lesson with a member to see where her desires and intent are, and the member was fantastic. We were talking about it and asked us to give her a month, and I then said well we might as well set a baptismal date for the end of the month because ultimately that should be the goal for the month. At the end she will either know its true or its not- no other options- so we looked, and this was on October 12th, and November 12th happened to be a Saturday! ha ha So Ena set that goal and is now actually reading the Book of Mormon regularly and is actually progressing! She is drinking less coffee and Hna. Moser and I are really happy with her progress.

Sonia: we have a lesson with her tomorrow night and she came to church this week. We are really hoping to have her pray and decide to be baptized this month- we know that that is what the Lord wants for her and we are praying to help her faith. She is great and is just worried about being perfect- and we all know that isn't possible.

Well thats it for this week- little short on time but it should be a good transfer and I'm excited to be here for Thanksgiving! October is half over! Can you believe it? Crazy... anyway, I hope everything is going well with y'all. I hope the Lord continues to bless you and your families! The Church is true, the gospel blesses families and changes lives! Love y'all!! Go Cougars!!

Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment