Thursday, November 10, 2011

Letters from Kelsey - 46

Hey howdy hey...

So this was a pretty good week, time is changing (oh speaking of that, I LOVED! the extra hour of sleep on Sunday- amazing) but what I mean is that now the days are going by fast and the weeks are going by slow... its probably because we have had so many other things going on that our weekly schedule isn't like it usually is- oh well, its all good. We had Zone Conference (a meeting we have every other transfer, about, with half of the mission) yesterday and that is why we are emailing today, and another change in the schedule is that on Friday Elder Ronald A. Rasband (senior president of the 70) is coming to speak to the Houston missions- should be pretty cool.

It was a good week and Sunday just topped it off. We had 3 people at church (Gavino, Ana, and Sonia) we had a very inactive family come to all 3 hours, and a less active family come for the first time in 2 months, AND it was a very good testimony meeting and all of the members bore good testimonies and were super nice to our investigators and less active families. I was a very content missionary after church. It was a very good day to have because our area has been struggling a little recently and I have been praying to know what to do to improve our area and find those people the Lord has prepared. We have just been plugging along and trying to be diligent and it seems to be paying off, and that will take us to the Investigator Weekly!

Gavino and Ana: I think this is the first time I have mentioned them. They are an older couple and we met them a couple weeks ago and have taught them 3 times now. They are very willing to learn and very excited to come to church- they loved church on Sunday. They are a little slower and I feel that sometimes they just go along with things even if they might not really know it. Last night we taught them about the Word of Wisdom and Gavino smokes so it will be a great test of their true desires if they can follow the Word of Wisdom. They were very willing to follow it and they have some health problems so it will be great to see it bless their lives.

Maria: She is still progressing. We are excited for her and we are going to extend the date soon of December 24th for her and her family to work towards baptism cool huh!

Ena:... she has kinda dropped us... will let you know what happens next week.

So I had an interesting experience this week on my exchange with Hna. Worthen- I realized, for the first time, how old I am in the mission and how short my time truly is, and it made me reflect, ponder, and question if I have - up to this point- done all I needed to do and become all I needed to become. It has made me very pensive this week on what goals I need to have and what things I need to change for the last 7 months so I can make sure I know the answers to those questions when my time is up. It has been the same way with the new training program that we have been studying (it is a focus on the 8 fundamentals of Preach My Gospel (the missionary manual book), the fundamentals are: revelation through church, teach people not lessons, they commit we follow up, revelation through the Book of Mormon, the missionary purpose,... and I can't for the life of me remember the other 3... shows how much I know them huh... haha). It is very sobering and humbling when we get back to basics and I realize exactly how much I lack and how many weaknesses I truly have, but in times like these I am very grateful for the Atonement and the opportunity to change and improve.

I hope that everything is going well for y'all. I miss and love y'all tons! I hope the Lord continues to bless you and your families in all that you do! Go Cougars!

Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment