Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Letters from Kelsey - 48

Hey everyone!

Oh man on man... It was fantastic week. On Sunday Hno. Chavez (husband of a member) accept a baptismal date for December 24th! Missionaries have been working with him forever and I don't know what is different but he feels ready now! We also have this amazing family but I will tell y'all all about it in... the... INVESTIGATOR WEEKLY!!!

The De Hoyos: They are from Las Vegas and have been here for about a year. They have 8 kids with the oldest being 15 and the youngest being 2. They were baptized in Vegas with 3 of their kids but they have 2 that can be baptized and those are the 2 we are working with. They have been inactive for a couple of years so we are working on bringing them back. They live in the middle of no where though so its hard to go and see them more than once a week because it takes like 30 min to get there and we have to have a member take us because we are only allotted so many miles a month with the car and we can't afford to go all the way out there. They are awesome though and came to the Branch party and to church on Sunday! It was the craziest sacrament meeting ever because I had no idea what was going on because I was trying to keep the kids reverent. They just don't know how to be reverent but they want to and they loved church. The subject line comes from Justin- the 8 year old, on Saturday when we went over we were talking about prayer and how prayer can help us with the things we want in life and he said "I want to have 2 jobs when I grow up, I want to work where my Dad works and I want to be a Mormon." They are just awesome and I love them and can't wait to see the change that comes into their family as they keep going to church. I was a miracle we found them, we contacted Hermano's brother about a month ago and he mentioned to us that his brother was married in an LDS building in Vegas and then one day when we went over, the family was over there and they said they want to come back to church and we got their info and here we are!

Gavino & Ana: They are doing great and we are going to keep pressing forward. I don't know if they will hit their date of the 3rd because they still aren't married and we haven't had a chance to teach the law of chastity because when we went and planned on teaching it the grandkids joined in so we changed it to the 10 commandments, but this week we are going to teach it.

Oh man... its pouring outside right now- crazy Texas. I love this area, I love this branch, I love our investigators, and Hna. Moser and I are hoping to stay together next week when transfer calls come. We have been lobbying President Saylin because 3 transfers together is very rare, but it would be fantastic. I hope that y'all have a fantastic Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for all of the blessings I receive everyday. I am thankful for the Gospel and the happiness, hope, and clarity it brings to my life and to those I meet everyday. I am thankful for my family and for all they do for me and for their love, support, and encouragement. I am thankful for my parents and for the way they raised me and for all the values they taught me and for raising me in the Gospel. I am thankful for all of you for your love, support, and for always being there. I am so blessed to have so many friends and family that I can lean on when life get difficult. I'm grateful for the knowledge of the plan that our Heavenly Father has for us and that families can be eternal. I'm thankful for the Atonement, without it I would not be on a mission or have any hope in live because of my weaknesses and imperfections. I am thankful for this time I have to serve the Lord and the people of Houston- I have changed in ways that will bless my future. I am thankful for the lessons I learn everyday and the opportunity to change and because better. I am so thankful for my Savior and for all that he did for me and all that he continues to do for my everyday, being my support, my guide, and my friend. I hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving of family and food- oh and watch some football for me please!! Love y'all!! Go Cougars!!

Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment