Hey everyone,
So... I hope y'all had a good Halloween! On Halloween we have to be in the apartment starting at 7:00 pm for the rest of the night, so our Halloween was pretty calm. On Mondays we have weekly planning where we pretty much plan our whole week, who we are going to try and see each day, what we are going to teach them, and we set our goals. We start at 11 and it usually takes us until about 3:30/4:00. Yesterday we started and ended a little early so we could have more time to work. We pretty much just ran missionary errands (stopping by to see people, following up, and trying to set up appointments), and then we met up with the Houston 8 Hermanas for an exchange. Hna. Moser is in Houston until Wednesday afternoon and I have Hna. Worthen with me until the same time, she is in her 3rd transfer but is solid. So exchanges are where we pretty much just switch areas so that we have the opportunity to work with other sisters I guess... I don't really like them- y'all know me... I don't like change, but oh well. Friday night we had our trunk-o-treat with the Pearland Ward, it was a lot of fun and we helped our branch president do a haunted house type thing (they have a carnival thing before the trunk-o-treating). It was a lot of fun and we got to scare the little kids... ha ha.
My mom told me to write more about my companion but I don't know what to write. She is from Southern California, she is in her 4th transfer and we get along pretty well. We always have a good time and we are hoping to stay together for another transfer... but who knows. I don't really know what else to write about her... we are planning to go to Conference together next October if that says anything... sorry Mom... don't know what else to say.
Investigator Weekly, its kind of a lame one this week:
Ena: came to church this week, but canceled our lesson for today but she said she will come to church on Sunday... I have no idea what to do, just be patient I guess and give her some time.
Maria: She is reading and praying and our goal now is to get her to church. We are going over the Restoration today and it should be fun. We are hoping she will accept a baptismal date for November 26th! We will see.
And... thats it. Things are still going good- we just don't have many with a date or many progressing, but we plan to change that this week. Things are good though, I really love the area and the members. I think the best way to explain my area is it really is kinda like Heber. You have neighborhoods like Cobblestone and then right next to them you have a whole bunch of fields with cows, then there is a street with some mobile homes, and they are pretty nice ones. There is the 518 which is the main street of the area and there are grocery stores, Wally world, restaurants... its pretty awesome. Its like the perfect area if you ask me- its a little harder to contact because there is hardly anyone outside but its all good.
Anyway... hope y'all have a good week! Love ya all! I hope the Lord continues to bless you and your families!
Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment