Saturday, June 2, 2012
Letters from Kelsey - 66
Hey everyone!
It was a good and fast week out here in Manvel. As I sit here trying to remember what exactly happened this week... I can't really remember anything. One thing that comes to the forefront of my mind is our lesson with Sarina yesterday!!!!!!! YES!! It finally happened! I have been waiting to have a lesson with her for months!! I could talk about about it here but that would take away from the excitement of the Investigator Weekly! And I know that y'all are waiting on the edge of your seats to get this email today so you can finally quench that awe and wonder at what has happened this week... bahaha- okay, maybe not quite, but here we go:
Sarina: So we finally had a lesson at the Carter home. They are the members that bring her to church every week and take her to all the other activities. We talked about the Restoration and watched the movie about Joseph Smith and his story- the short one, not the long one. She is awesome and the Carters have 12 and 10 year old daughters who are Sarina's friends that they did awesome to help us in the lesson. She accepted a baptismal date for April 21!! We just have to make sure the parents are on board with her getting baptized now. Sarina told us that her mom said that she wouldn't pay for a baptism and that Sarina needs to wait until she 18... well the good news is that baptism is free!!! Yeah! We are all praying that the Lord will soften the hearts of Sarina's parents so that they will agree to let her be baptized on April 21. We are going to watch General Conference with them this weekend so we are excited!
Severo: We had a lesson with him on Friday night and we taught the Plan of Salvation. We talked to Hno. Aquino yesterday a lot about it... Severo has the desire to do what he is supposed to... we just need to help him have the desire to read and help him understand why this is important to him. I have a lot of hope for him, he is a good guy and we have a lesson with him on Friday and I'm excited for it, and we are planning to have him watch Conference with us this weekend!
RJ: He is doing good, we are helping his mom understand the Book of Mormon more so that when they read it she can help them understand it. We have decided that the key is to strengthen her and then he will come... it's kinda been our focus all along but we have returned back to that recently.
Well.. thats about it for the Investigator Weekly this week. It has been fantastic weather out here and I hope it lasts for the next couple months and doesn't get too hot and humid. I really don't have much else to say this week... weird... I know. The week just went by so fast that I don't remember a lot that happened. I'm sorry to disappoint y'all with this short email, I'll do better next week... but I am excited for Conference! I hope y'all enjoy Conference this weekend and remember the great blessing it is that we have the knowledge that God has once again called men to help him in His work. I meet people everyday that are so confused in life and listen to every wind of 'doctrine' that there is out there. It makes me really grateful for the blessing that I have of knowing in whom I can trust to receive guidance from the Lord. I'm super excited!! Well I love y'all and hope that y'all have a fantastic week!! As they say out here in Texas: Have a blessed day!
Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment