Saturday, June 2, 2012
Letters from Kelsey - 74
Hey ya'll!!
So I'm back in Houston 1- the ward where I started my mission, but its a different area- more city than the first one, my compaion is Hna. Anna Baird from California and she goes home the transfer after me. Its okay here, it was really cool at church yesterday to see people that I had taught that were still strong in the church- it was cool. It was fun for them to remember me, I didn't think they would considering I was only here for 6 weeks and I couldn't speak Spanish at all. The work is kinda slow here right now, but we will work hard. I had an interview with President Saylin this last week and he told me that he had originally planned on just leaving me in Manvel for my last one (and my heart broke because it was at one point a possibility) but that he had a strong impression that I needed to be moved and he told me to make sure that I work with the urgency needed for these last 5 weeks because there in a real reason I'm in this area now. So it should be good :) I don't like the city very much though, its super easy to talk to the needed 10 people a day and we get a lot of return appointments, but not many of them progress. Our apartment is not nice at all- its decent- but I do not like cockroaches... no bueno. I have just been spoiled for the last 9 months is really what it comes down to. Here we go to the Investigator Weekly!!!
Vanegas Family!!!!: BAPTIZED!!!!! WOOT!!! I was able to go to the baptism- Sister Saylin drove us and it was amazing!!! It was like going home, I had been homesick for Manvel all week and to see the way the branch supported the Vanegas family just made me love them even more. So we get there at 3:50 (baptism is supposed to start at 4:00) and only the missionaries and the branch president is there. Then by 4:15 everyone else shows up except the Vanegas'! Ha ha, I was freaking out a lot on the inside. They had come to stake conference that morning so everything was good. They were just so awesome! Hna. Vanegas cried a couple times and her 3 year old son Nicolas kept asking her why she was crying. It was just so amazing! That is why we as missionaries do what we do. This is why I came to Texas and sweat my brains out :). I'm excited to help them over this next year so that next May I can come back as they get sealed in the temple!!! So absolutely fantastic!
Magda: She came to church yesterday for the first time, the Hermanas here have been teaching her for a while so it was really good for her to come! I think she liked it, her 4 year old daughter sure did. I don't know a lot about her but her husband's uncle in El Salvador has been a member for 30 years and he has cousins on missions, so they have a lot of potential.
Thats about it for now... they have been dropping a lot of people so we are starting new! I love new starts. So on Saturday our car was broken into- my companion left her wallet in the pocket of the drivers side door, and they broke the drivers side window. It was at 1:00 pm and we were like 100 yards from the car the whole time as we ate lunch with an investigator for 45 minutes... it was a great welcome back to Houston... ha ha. Everything is good though and we get a new window tomorrow! yeah! Well I hope y'all have a good week! Love y'all!!
Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment