Kelsey is coming home June 26th, at 7:15 PM!
Hey y'all,
Another week has come and gone in Houston, Texas. It is pretty hot out here, but not humid yet, thank goodness, but we decided to listen to Christmas music this week so that it will be less hot in our minds- ha ha. This was a good week and we have found some pretty cool people. We had a visit this last week from Elder Paul V. Johnson and it was a pretty cool experience. He was out here in because yesterday they created the 18th stake in the Houston area! It didn't really affect us that much, but our ward is now in a different stake, but nothing different for us. So lets go to the Investigator Weekly!!!
Brenda and Manuel: They are an awesome couple that we met on Saturday and they came to church yesterday! So they were a referral from missionaries in another area who are teaching her sister. Brenda has lots of family who are members in Honduras and her husband is pretty cool as well. They have a date for June 30 and we are excited to meet with them tonight!
Karina: So on Thursday we went all over Houston to help her get her stuff in order to get her marriage license, and we finally found a way to get her a passport from El Salvador so that she can do it! We are making progress!!
Mauricio & Jose: They are brothers and so funny! I'll write more about them next week.
Well... I always seem to forget what I want to tell y'all... I should probably write notes... ha ha. As I get closer to the end I do a lot of thinking about a lot of things... this week I was thinking about what life will be like when I really do go home... I mean I'm kinda expecting to go back home to the 'home' I left. This week I realized that I will be going home to something different and that things will never be the same. All the people- all of you- that I love will be different, y'all will have progressed and grown and changed for the better (hopefully). Most of my friends are married and moving on past school... but you know, I'm okay with it all. I am not going home the same person I was when I came out, and I am so grateful for that... so grateful. It would disappoint me if when I got home everything was the same as I left it. Anyway... just some random thoughts... so if y'all are expecting the same Kelsey Berg to step off that plane in a couple weeks, you will be disappointed, but its change for the better. Well I hope y'all have a good week! Love y'all!!!
Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment