Saturday, June 2, 2012

Letters from Kelsey - 72

Hey y'all!! Another week in the books! This was another week that flew by... I don't really have any super funny or witty things to start this email with today so I guess we will just go straight into the Investigator Weekly MAY edition!!! AH!!! MAY!!! The Venegas Family: They are just so amazing... Hno. has been so prepared its crazy. His family isn't supportive of them getting baptized but he has told them that he is old enough to decide for his family what is best for them. He also has said, which I think is totally true, that the Catholic church has taken him as far as it can, and that our church isn't anything different its just more. Which I think is true, you can only progress so far with out the fullness which is the same as the Bible with out the Book of Mormon, it can only take you so far before you need more to complete it. Their baptism is set for May 19th and the whole branch is so excited for them. Our branch is offering a marriage class during the Sunday school time and the Venegas' went to that class yesterday instead of Gospel Principles!! Oh man, they are just so great. Sarina: She is still awesome. Her commitment this week was to give a Book of Mormon to her parents and we had her write a note about why she likes to read it and why she is sharing it with them. We are hoping that that will soften up their hearts even more. Things are good with her though! RJ: So... last Monday we were at a driving range with the other Elders in our district and we got a text from Christi saying that she wants RJ and Daniel (his little brother) to be baptized on June 9th together! Daniel turns 8 the weekend before so it will be great! We had a lesson with them on Saturday and we got them the Book of Mormon reader thing and Christi has been using that to study and she loves it! The pages in her Book of Mormon are more marked than mine! ha ha. She seemed so much happier and a lot calmer than the last times we have been over. We just need them to come to church regularly and they will be all good for the 9th! She has a lot more confidence right how also, which all come from reading the Book of Mormon and feeling the spirit more! So as you can see things are going pretty decent! I'm just hoping that I don't get transferred next week. I really want to finish out here, I mean I have been here 9 months already, what's 1 more? I would love to stay here and keep working with these people and with the members. We are moving to a new apartment tomorrow so it will be like a whole new area!! Okay so maybe not really... but it will be good! Well I hope y'all have a good week!!! Love y'all!! Love Always, Sister Kelsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment