Saturday, June 2, 2012

Letters from Kelsey - 73

Hey y'all, Well I hope y'all had a fantastic Mother's Day! We had a good one. We had a super crazy week. So Monday was P-Day, Tuesday we were supposed to move, but didn't (it was not a good day), Wednesday we moved (this apartment and complex is totally legit), Thursday I had a leadership conference in Sugar Land and that night I went to Sunnyside for an exchange. Sunnyside is English and super ghetto. It was super fun and it felt a little like a vacation. It was fun to see a different area, but I felt like I didn't do anything the whole week because I stayed in Sunnyside until Saturday afternoon and then that night we had a branch party for Mother's Day. It was a super fast and fun week. Well.... I found out this morning that I'm getting transferred... I'm super sad about it and not excited to go to a new area for only 6 weeks... I would much rather stay here, especially considering that the Vangeas' are getting baptized on Sunday and now I'll have to find a ride from someone in my new area. I'll do what the Lord asks of me and lift where I stand, even if its only for 6 weeks. I have loved serving in Manvel and serving these people. Its crazy to think that I have been here for almost 9 months, half of my mission was spent here and I can't believe it. The next 6 weeks will probably fly by because of it... its all good though. So here we go for the last edition of the Investigator Weekly: Manvel: The Vanegas family: Well the parents are getting baptized on Sunday at 4 and the branch is so stoked for them. The 13 year old daughter doesn't feel ready yet so we are going to wait with her. They are so great though. So yesterday in Relief Society they announced the baptism and one of the members commented that she thought they had been members for years! That is exactly what you want. They are so great and I'm gonna come back when they go through the temple next year. They have great fellow shippers in the branch and it has just been perfect... well besides the fact that I'm leaving. RJ: They came to all 3 hours of church yesterday and all the boys went to their classes. Christi is in Alma 14 and is loving reading the Book of Mormon. She is really learning and understanding tons about the Church and the way that Heavenly Father interacts with his children. She is starting to develop a different perspective of Heavenly Father and really understand our relationship with him. It is fantastic. RJ is set for June 9 and I will for sure come back for that baptism as well. Sarina: Still as solid as ever... just waiting on the parents. Well... I know its a little short this week... sorry. I am still in shock that I don't know where I will be Wednesday night. I was super excited for this next transfer, it was shaping up to be the best one of my mission by far. This area is going to have so much success that I'm so excited. All the work that we have put in the last 9 months are now paying off. I can honestly say that I am leaving my area better than I found it. The people here are my second family, and I know that it was inspired that I served here and that I spent so much time here. I have really enjoyed my time and have loved the experiences I have had. My mission has been amazing and I know the last 6 weeks will probably be amazing too- if I make them amazing, it is just another chapter in my mission that needs to be written. Well I better go but I hope y'all have a fantastic week. I love y'all and miss y'all tons. Love Always, Sister Kelsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment