Saturday, June 2, 2012
Letters from Kelsey - 69
Hey y'all,
Well things are good out here. There is a super crazy thunderstorm going on and when it thunders it like shakes everything! Its crazy but I'm really glad today is Monday so I don't have to go ride around in it- that sure gets old real quick. Everything turns into a lake when it rains and you understand why they have bayous everywhere! This week was a super long week, not a bad one- it just went by really slow. On Wednesday I went to a Leadership Conference which was really cool and Hna. Ker got to spend the day with some other Hermanas, I was happy for her to have the chance to meet some other sisters. It was a good experience and I left the conference with lots of things that I need to do better... I tend to be too complicated sometimes in my teachings- along with lots of other weaknesses- and sometimes I get overwhelmed with all of those weaknesses, but all I can do it try my best and have faith that the Lord will help me. We saw a huge miracle yesterday though! So we have worked really really hard these last couple of weeks to talk to our 10 people a day each and we haven't exactly seen a huge increase in our teaching pool until this week. We found a bunch of new investigators this week and I'm really hoping that they all pan out to be legit. Yesterday morning we stopped by some of them to make sure they were coming to church and nobody was home......... on our way to the church for our branch council meeting I was really questioning a lot of things and wondering what I hadn't done right and doubting myself and having lots of other thoughts. Well when we left our meeting and got to the chapel for sacrament meeting to start I was super surprised to see another new investigator there... which leads too... drum roll please.... the Investigator Weekly!!!
The Venegas Family: They were the ones at church! We had received them as a referral from the English elders a couple weeks ago and had stopped by a couple times but either no one was home or they were busy, on Saturday we finally got in though. We were there for about an hour while they were talking about a whole bunch of random things and I was trying to keep it on topic. They are from Colombia and the mom met with missionaries down there a long time ago. They have a 13 year old daughter, a 3 year old son, and a 2 month old girl. The members were awesome yesterday and it was really a huge blessing and miracle to have them there. We will see what happens with them!
Sarina: She is still doing well- we are really trying to figure out how to get the parents to change their minds about the whole 18 years old thing and helping them see how important it is to Sarina. I would appreciate y'all's prayers for us on this one :)!
Well- I'm excited for some of the other new people that we found this week but since none of them came to church yesterday I'm not going to give them the glory of being featured- so they can just wait! ha ha. Everything is going well out here though- we are going to the temple on Wednesday morning so that will be fun, I'm really looking forward to that. We just keep pressing forward. There was something else I wanted to say but I don't really remember what it is... man, I should write notes on what I want to say... oh well- guess it probably wasn't that important. Well- I know that this work really is guided by the Lord and as much as I think sometimes that I have any control over things I quickly learn that it really has nothing to do with me. As long as I do my best and work hard then everything that is supposed to happen will happen. I hope y'all have fantastic week! Keep the faith! Love y'all!!
Love Always,
Sister Kelsey Berg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment